This is by far my all-time favorite waffle recipe. It tastes as good as it looks, and it feeds a lot. You can add pretty much anything you want to the batter to give it your signature flavor. The sour-cream gives this recipe an intriguing flavor and texture and the lemon rind makes these waffles tart and colorful.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups simmering milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
1. Mix wet ingredients together
2. Mix dry ingredients together
3. Mix everything together
4. Put 1/3 cup of batter into a preheated waffle iron
5. Serve while it's still hot.
6. Good Morning and Enjoy!